Sustainable thinking, collaborative action
This year we have further developed our sustainability priorities. We will continue to fully integrate sustainability into our corporate strategy and ensure our priorities align with global and national expectations.
Highlights of the year
- Improved our GRESB score and achieved two Green stars
- Maintained Gold award for 2020 Sustainability Report under EPRA Sustainability Best Practice Recommendations
- Developed sustainability framework aligned to Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs)
- Achieved a -57% reduction in Scope 1 and 2 emissions since 2016, exceeding our five-year target
- Improved 20 portfolio EPC ratings
What we have done this year
- Joined Better Buildings Partnership
- Embarked on development of net zero carbon pathway
- Carried out further ESG audits at three office properties
- Developed sustainability guidance for refurbishment projects
- Continued to build on our approach to biodiversity with biodiversity surveys undertaken at a number of properties
- Contributed to the development of the Better Buildings Partnership Responsible Property Management Toolkit and ESG Training Course for Real Estate Professionals
- Further developed our occupier and employee engagement programmes
What we will do next year
- We are working to further identify and target key impact areas across the portfolio, contributing to better management of the overall environmental performance
with a view to publishing our path to net zero carbon.
- We will be focusing on setting new clear environmental targets in line with a net zero carbon pathway as part of our sustainability targets to effectively measure our portfolio performance over the short, medium and long-term.