To be a responsible owner of commercial real estate, helping our occupiers succeed and being valued by all our stakeholders.
Through our occupier focused, opportunity led approach, we aim to be one of the consistently best performing diversified UK REITs. In order to deliver on our purpose, we have in place three distinct strategic pillars: Portfolio Performance, Operational Excellence and Acting Responsibly. These pillars include a range of strategic priorities which guide the direction of our business and are regularly reviewed. This year we have added two further priorities within Acting Responsibly. Progress against our strategic priorities is set out in the Chief Executive’s Review.
Sustainable thinking, and responsible business
Sustainability is embedded into all of our activities. A responsible and ethical approach to business is essential for the benefit of all our stakeholders and understanding the long-term impact of our decisions will help us to manage risk and continue to generate value.
- Creating and owning a portfolio which provides income and capital growth
- Growing occupancy and income profile
- Enhancing asset quality, providing space that exceeds occupier expectations
- Outperforming the MSCI UK Quarterly Property Index
- Maintaining an efficient operating platform, utilising technology as appropriate
- Having an agile and flexible business model, adaptable to market trends
- Delivering earnings growth
- Having an appropriate capital structure for the market cycle
- Growing to deliver economies of scale
- Progressing our environmental focus and reducing our emissions to become carbon net zero by 2040
- Engaging with our stakeholders, working closely with our occupiers, shareholders, communities and other stakeholders
- Ensuring we maintain our company values, positive working culture and alignment of the team
- Having strong governance and transparent reporting to ensure the long-term success of the business