Sustainable thinking, practical solutions
Over the course of this year we have focused on re-assessing our approach to sustainability and have continued to develop our environmental initiatives and included sustainability measures into our building refurbishment programme.
Highlights of the year
- Embedded sustainability into our business model and strategy
- Improved our GRESB score by 11 points
- Achieved EPRA Gold for our Sustainability Report
What we have done this year
- Improved our A to D EPC ratings from 82% to 89%
- Re-assessed 39 EPCs, of which 100% are MEES compliant and 69% have an improved rating with an overall average improvement of 14 points
- Incorporated sustainability measures into all major refurbishment projects
- Built in sustainability criteria to assess expenditure projects going forwards
- Carried out ESG audits at four of our most energy intensive properties within the portfolio
- Installed water saving measures and leak detection features into major office refurbishment projects
- Carried out an occupier survey to understand and act on sustainability issues
What we will do next year
- We are working to identify and target key impact areas across the portfolio, contributing to better management of the overall environmental performance.
- We will be focusing on setting clear targets to effectively measure our sustainability performance over the short, medium and long-term.