Sustainable thinking, acting responsibly
This year we have developed our approach to sustainability issues and built on the initiatives we had put in place previously.
Highlights of the year
- Improved our GRESB score, outperforming our peer group
- Established a Responsibility committee
- Reduced our carbon emissions by over 28% since we started reporting in 2016
What we have done this year
- 99% of energy procured from renewable sources
- 74 new EPCs conducted and 50% of high-risk assets mitigated
- Launched charitable matched giving initiative to all occupiers within the portfolio
- Introduced green clauses into 16 new leases
- Installed two urban rooftop beehives as part of biodiversity drive
What we will do next year
- Roll out occupier engagement programme including sustainability workshops.
- Continue to monitor and improve energy efficiency improvements that can be made exploring technological solutions that could be implemented at our properties to also reduce operating costs for our occupiers.