Charity Funding Award
To mark our 15 year anniversary, we created a funding award of £15,000 to help local charities in the communities in which we operate.
We invited our occupiers to nominate worthy local community causes to apply for a funding award of between £1,000-£3,000.
Applications were sought from not-for-profit registered organisations who are committed to supporting local communities, through creating, delivering or expanding projects which improve community engagement. This could be through providing benefits directly to the local area, or supporting local people with services or activities.
Applicants needed to be:
- Recommended by a Picton occupier
- A not-for-profit registered, UK based organisation
- Locally rooted while responding to local specific needs
- Create a positive community impact, for example, offering training in vital skills, providing youth facilities, providing local services or activities
- Plan for the project to be launched, or project services delivered by March 2022
The funding award received a large number of applications from a wide range of causes and Picton’s Responsibility Committee confirmed their support for five charities which provide support services within local communities, each receiving donations of £3,000.
The successful charities included; Your Sanctuary, a charity supporting survivors of domestic abuse within Surrey, The Link Visiting Scheme, a charity helping elderly and isolated people combat loneliness in Wokingham, Capel Community Trust, building a local community garden to help bring residents together, Strathcarron Hospice, providing hospice at home support for families in Scotland and I Can, a children’s learning support charity in London.